1. Fuzzy Modular Networks for Structural System Identification, A. Cakmakci and Can Isik, Syracuse University
2. Dynamic Monitoring and Control of Patient Anesthetic Levels, Vefghi, The University of Sheffield, United Kingdom.
3. Fuzzy Modeling of Fine Particle Separating Equipment, Chuck Karr and B. Weck, The University of Alabama, USA.
4. Fuzzy Semantics in Collaboration Processes, Su-Shing Chen, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA.
5. Fuzzy Cyclic Modeling of a Periodically Perturbed Pendulum, Ellen Applebaum, Univ. of Colorado.
6. Learning Fuzzy Logic Control for Hovering a Helicopter, Minoru Sasaki, H. Ishida, T. Katsuno and A. Ogasawara, Gifu University, Japan.
1. Classification of ECG patterns Using Fuzzy Rules Derived from ID3-induced Decision Trees, N. Bouhouch and Amine Bensaid, Alakhawayn Univ., Morocco.
2. Segmentation of Multiple Sclerosis Lesions in MRI by Fuzzy Neural Networks: FLVQ and FOSART, Palma Blonda, G. Satalino, and A. Baraldi, I.E.S.I.- C.N.R., Italy.
3. Fuzzy Mining of Meteorological Data, Stuart Rubin, Central Michigan University, USA.
4. Design and Tuning of Fuzzy If - Then Rules for Automatic Classification, Alexander Rotshtein and D. Katelnikov, Vinnitsa State Technical University, Ukraine.
5. Improving Fuzzy Neural Networks using Input Parameter Training, Martin Rast, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat, Germany.
6. Designing Dynamic Temporally Sensitive Fuzzy Neural Networks, Michael H. Smith and W. Pedrycz, Univ. Calif. Berkeley, USA, Univ. of Manitoba, Canada.
7. Membership function Optimization of a Fuzzy Controller using a Modified Tabu Search Algorithm, Ahmet Kaplan, S. Ozer, and S. Sagiroglu, Erciyes University, Turkey.
1. Hardware Implementation of Fuzzy Systems, Jens Knobloch, Fraunhofer-Institute of Microelectronic Circuits and Systems - IMS - Dresden, Germany.
2. Analog Realization of Fuzzifier and Defuzzifier interfaces for Fuzzy Chips, A. Khoei, K. Hadidi, H. Peyravi and S. Yuvarajan, North Dakota State Univ, USA.
3. Fuzzy Replacement Analysis, Cengiz Kahraman, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey.
4. A Moving Average Method for Predicting Process Resource Usage Based on a State Transition Model, Shuichi Moriguchi, M. Munetomo and Y. Sato, Hokkaido University, Japan.
5. Evaluation for a Stability of Fuzzy Decision Making Using a Sensitivity Analysis, S. Ohnishi and H. Imai, Hokkai-Gakuen University, Japan.
6. Dynamic Clustering Model for Ordinal Similarity Mika Sato-Ilic, University of Tsukuba, Japan
7. Fuzzy Probist Reliability Assessment of Repairable Systems, Aly M. El-Iraki and E.R. Odoom, College of Technological Studies, Kuwait.
IV. PERSPECTIVES and APPLICATIONS of FUZZY SYSTEMS ACROSS DISCIPLINES. Special Session Organized by Cecilia Temponi*.
1. Analogy and fuzzy deductive reasoning, Bernadette Bouchon-Meunier, LIP6, UPMC, France
2. Granularity and Specificity in Fuzzy Function Approximation, Thomas Sudkamp and R.J. Hammell II, Wright State Univ., USA, US Army, USA.
3*. Overview of Fuzzy Systems in Re-engineering Cecilia Temponi and C. Harris, Southwest Texas State Univ., USA.
4*. Causal Interactions, Fuzzy Sets and Cerebrovascular "Accident": Limits of Evidence Based Medicine and the Advent of Complexity Based Medicine, Cathy Helgason and T.H. Jobe, Univ. of Illinois College Medicine at Chicago, USA.
5. A Study of Set-Theoretic Measures for Use with the Generalized Compatibility-Based Ranking Method, V. Cross and Magne Setnes, Miami Univ., USA and Delft University of Technology, Netherlands.
6.* Enhancing Computer Science Courses with Fuzzy Set Theory, Valerie V. Cross, Miami University, USA.
7. Inference and Improper Knowledge Detection on Fuzzy Rules with Enhanced High-Level Fuzzy Petri Nets, Hsin-Tai Yang and Shie-Jue Lee, National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan.
1. Fuzzy Data Mining for Querying and Retrieval of Research Archival Information, M.H. Smith, Stuart Rubin and Ljiljana Trajkovic UC Berkeley, Central Michigan Univ. and Simon Fraser University, CA
2. Fuzzy Set Theory in Object-Oriented Databases: A Prototype Implementation Using Versant ODBMS & Visual C++, A. Firat and Valerie V. Cross, Miami University, USA.
3. Fuzzy Information Technology and Knowledge Management, Nancy Green Hall, Kennesaw State University, USA.
4. Processing of Binary Temporal Constructors for Fuzzily-Bounded Time Intervals in Temporal Databases, Werasak Kurutach, Mahanakorn University of Technology, Thailand
5. Improving Classifier Accuracy by Simulating Fuzzy Boundaries Between Classes, Venu Govindaraju, I. Krassimir, and S. Srihari, SUNY Buffalo, USA
6. Design of Fuzzy Querying in Object-Oriented Spatial Data and Geographic Information Systems, Ashley Morris and F. Petry, Tulane University, USA
VI. FUZZY CLUSTERING AND IMAGE ANALYSIS
1. Class of Non Linear Filters based on Fuzzy Membership Functions, Sos Agaianx and A. Sheth, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA.
2. Locating Clusters in Noisy Data: A Genetic Fuzzy c-means Clustering Algorithm, Mary Anne Egan, Siena College, USA.
3. A Fuzzy Angle for Artificial Vision, Fatiha Karbou, F. Karbou, and M. Karbou, Cite Cheikh Lamfaddel, Morroco.
4. Medical Image Granulation by Fuzzy Inference, Yutaka Hata, S. Hirano and N. Kamiura, Himeji Institute of Technology, Japan.
5. On Combining Multiple Classifiers by Fuzzy Templates, Ludmila I. Kuncheva, J.C. Bezdek, M.A. Sutton, University of Wales, United Kingdom, Univ. of West Florida, USA.
6. Image Restoration Using Parametric Adaptive Fuzzy Filter, Jung-Hua Wang and L. Lin, National Taiwan Ocean University, Taiwan.
1. Invariance Properties of Ordinal OWA Operators, Sergei Ovchinnikov, San Francisco State University, USA.
2. Fuzzy Power Series, William G. Newman, Creighton Univ., USA.
3. Efficiently Computing Fuzzy Graphs, Michael R. Berthold and K Huber, Univ. of Calif at Berkeley, USA.
4. Counting Boolean Networks are Universal Approximators, Jose Tome, INESC, Portugal.
5. Natural Extensions in Fuzzy Topology, Joseph M. Barone, Loki Software, USA.
6. An Approach toward defining L-Fuzzy Lattices, Goran Trajkovski, Faculty of Engineering Republic of Macedonia
7. Cubic Splines and Fuzzy Interpolation: A Visual Comparison, Thomas Whalen and B. Schott, The Georgia State University, USA .
VIII. FUZZY IMAGE PROCESSING
1. Fuzzy Cluster Analysis of Vitamin, Metabolite, and Homocysteine Levels, Julie A. Dickerson, R. Matalon, C. Helgason, Univ. of Iowa, USA.
2. Robust Mixture Decomposition via Maximization of Trimmed Log-Likelihood with Application to Image Database Organization, S. Medasani and Raghu Krishnapuram, Colorado School Of Mines, USA.
3. Fuzzy Cluster Analysis with Missing Values, H. Timm and R. Kruse, University of Magdeburg, Germany.
4. Querying Video using Fuzzy Temporal Concepts, Ron Yager, Iona College, USA.
5. Random Vector Clustering using Fuzzy c-means, R.J. Hathaway, G. Rogers, and James C. Bezdek, Georgia State Univ., Univ. of West Fl., USA.
6. Generalized Noise Clustering as a Robust Fuzzy c-M-Estimator Model, Rajesh N. Dave, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA.
7. Fuzzy Clustering for Land Mine Detection, H. Frigui, Paul Gader and J. Keller, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA.
IX. REASONING WITH FUZZINESS, II
1. Automatic Input Space Partitions for Hierarchical Fuzzy Systems, Rainer Holve, Bayerische Forschungszentrum fuer Wissensbasierte Systeme, Germany .
2. Design Issues of Fuzzy Logic Programming Languages, Pedro Marquez, New Mexico State Univ., USA.
3. A Fuzzy Logic Application to Aquaculture Environment Control, R. Lea, B. Dohmann, W. Prebilsky, and P. Lee1, P. Turk1, H. Ying1, Ortech Engineering and 1Univ. of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston.
4. Analytic Fuzzy RBF Neural Network, Abe Kandel, H. Teodorescu and D. Arotaritei, University of South Florida, USA.
5. A fuzzy model for color reproduction assessment, F. Fard, Cecilia Temponi and H.W. Corley, Soutwest Texas State University, USA.
6. Defuzzification Nonmonotonicity in Material Implication Logics, Brian Schott and Tom Whalen, Georgia State University, USA.
7*. Perspectives on Fuzzy Systems in Computer Vision, Ellen Walker, Hiram College, USA.
X. FUZZY SYSTEMS
1. Agents, Emotional Intelligence and Fuzzy Logic, Magy Seif El-Nasr, John Yen, Texas A&M Univ., USA.
2. Optimization of Fuzzy Systems, Dimitar Filev, Ford Motor Co., USA
3. An Artificial Neural Network approach for a Hidden Markov Model for speech generation and recognition, M.P. Beddoes, Univ. of British Columbia, Canada.
4. Applying Hierarchical Fuzzy Automatons to Automatic Diagnosis, M.B. Tumer and Lee A. Belfore, II, Old Dominion Univ., USA.
5. A Rapid-Prototyping Approach to Fuzzy System Modeling, Y. Hsu and Guanrong Chen, University of Houston, USA.
6. Fuzzy Reasoning using Fuzzy Partition and its Application, Yoshiharu Okuda, H. Yamashita, J. Inaida, A. Yanai, M. Yanai, E. Tsuda , Waseda University, Japan.
7. On linguistic approximation of subnormal fuzzy sets, Ryszard Kowalczyk, CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences, Australia.
XI. FUZZY DECISION MAKING
1. Flexible, Adaptive, Automatic Fuzzy-Based Grade Assigning System, E. Wilson and Chuck Karr, The University of Alabama, USA.
2. A Fuzzy Logic Program for Detector Scoring James Keller, J. Moore, and P. Gader, Univ. of Missouri - Columbia, USA.
3. FOOM: A fuzzy Object-Oriented Modeling for Imprecise Requirements, Jonathon Lee and N. Xue, National Central Univ., Taiwan.
4. A Fuzzy System for Real-time Control of Tissue Temperature during Laser Heating, Y. Ding, Hao Ying, and S. Shao Univ. Texas Medical Branch, USA.
5. Adaptive Stochastic Resonance with Fuzzy Systems, S. Mitaim and Bart Kosko, University of Southern California, USA.
6. Multi-criteria Decision Making Using Fuzzy Logic, Heinrich J. Rommelfanger, J.W. Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
7. On Applying Fuzzy Arithmetic to Finite Element Problems, Michael Hanss, K. Willner and S. Guidati, University of Stuttgart, Germany.